- Exe Stands for Executable.
- Exe assemblies are in-process components which were capable of running on their own as well as provide the support for others to execute.
- When we use project templates like Windows Forms, WCF, Console Applications and Windows services they generate an exe assembly when compiled.
- Dynamic Link Library
- Dll assemblies are out-process components which were not capable of running on their own they can only support others to execute.
- Project templates like Class and Control Library will generate an dll assembly when compiled.